Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Brand new blog, brand new beginning....

Hello and thanks for stopping by. I have thought long and hard on whether or not I really need to start a new project like my 'own' blog. I have so enjoyed visiting others blogs like 'Rugs and Pugs', 'Plum Run Creek', "Olde Glory', 'Not Forgotten Farm' and the list goes on and on. I start my day with these and travel on over to any other followers of theirs and before you know it.... well you all know how it is, right? The inspiration they have given me alone is amazing and worth the hours spent behind this 20" monitor.

I love primitive style rug hooking with nothing smaller than an 8 cut and that is even rare since I don't like detail(usually 9 cut in most rugs) and dark jewel colors are my go to wools.  I have joined various rug hooking 'groups' to meet and learn from other hookers. I love to talk about wool, dyeing and new patterns to add to my 'to hook' list, and there are many. I so appreciate the time these folks have put in to create such groups, for I would not have met some great friends like my buddy 'Karin', so for that I am grateful.

I hope to show everyone what I am currently working on from time to time with my most recent finished rug today.  Enjoy!!



Until next time, wish me luck on this new endeavor!


Lisa

An adaptation of an antique rug...


I took this photo with my android phone, I think I will use my camera for the next photos because the true shades in this rug are not represented well.

24 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, Good luck with your blog, I'm so proud to call you my friend!

    Your rug looks fantastic, I can't wait to see what you hook next.

    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa ~
    Welcome!!! I say that from the bottom of my heart. I know you have so many wonderful rugs to share and I look forward to seeing them all.
    Does this mean we'll have dueling cameras the next time we meet at the library?
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Karin and Lauren, it was lonely here all by my lonesome.
    Yes Lauren, I thought of that. Don't worry though, I play nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your new blog. I look forward to seeing more of your hooking projects.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Lisa,
    Good luck with your new adventure in blogland. I am so happy to be able to visit so many inspiring sites. I too live in Northeast ohio, but most of my friends are not into sewing or hooking. It is nice to have a way to meet people who can motivate my creative juices, so to speak. Love the rug. Can't wait to see your next one. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck on your new blog adventure. I know I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Lisa! Any friend of Lauren's is a friend of mine! :-) I am so excited to see you love the primitive style of hooking! I am now hooked on nothing smaller than 8 and mostly larger! Hand torn strips are my newest love! I'll be checking for more of your work! Best of luck on your new blog!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh LISA!!!
    I just found your blog at Laurens. Welcome to blog land!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your new blog, rug is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. welcome welcome! I love your rug and it is hard to get the correct colors to come out in pictures. and and to have this many comments on your first post yeha.
    Can't wait to see more
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to blogville. Geesh, I hope I can keep up. Actually there have been many times I have said to myself, "I wish I had someone to share this with that would apprecaite it like I do".

    Julie, thanks for stopping by, I don't have your email and your link on your blog is not set up. Maybe you can send me your email sometime.

    Kaye, I am so jealous of you right now, I hope you are having fun and learning lots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lisa.............I found your blog through Julie's.
    Am looking forward to seeing more pictures of your rugs and hearing all about you.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. WELCOME To BlogLand Lisa!!!
    I'm going to add you right now to my list of favorites.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome! Isn't it great how blogging joins together people from all over the world with the common interest of rughooking.

    Cheers!
    Julie Mosgrove
    Corner Brook Newfoundland
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful rug...I love the use of color that gives the sense of an antique. Hooking is a passion, and seeing or reading about it is a joy for me. I will follow your blog with great interest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Lisa, I just found out about your blog, YEAH, can't wait to see all of your goodies you post!!!! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful rug and welcome to blogging! Look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa,
    Thanks to Lauren, I discovered your new blog. Welcome aboard and I will bookmark your page. I loved the antique rug you hooked. Hope you enjoy the ride.
    Trisha in Tallahassee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome - I get lost in the day while blogging - I love it! I can't wait to see more of your rugs. SUE

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome to blogland Lisa! Your rug is wonderful! I look forward to seeing more of your fabulous works.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Lisa. Welcome to blogland. Found you through Julie. Love your rug and anxious to see lots more!

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lisa ~ I wondered if this was you ~ welcome to blogland! I'll look forward to checking in on you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. really love those colors! watery blues are my fave! we just opened our blog as well. really looking forward in following you!
    jill ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lisa, still waiting for more of your blogging, get to it girl.

    ReplyDelete